Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Weird Sidebar:

Um, I think my priorities are a bit...screwed up.

I feel like I'm cheating on my writing with work.

*nervous grin*

I really, really begrudge that 8-9 hours every day when I could be writing. I ALWAYS begrudge it. But, for some reason, that discrepancy really hit me hard today.

I crunched really hard on "real" work, but in the back of my mind the whole time was this nagging, fretting little voice whispering, You should be writing. You could be revising as we dither here. Hell, crank out another short story! Anything but WORK!

So, I feel like I'm having an affair with work when, in reality, the "other man" is my writing.

Is that bad?

5 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Heh, seems pretty straightforward to me. *scratching head*

Kidding! "The other man" -- I love it!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

Yeah, that's a great way to think about it.

Work is a big, fat, gross, cigar-chewing, business-suited guy who just happens to have lots of money. Money you need. So you marry him, though you want to throw up everytime he touches you.

Writing, on the other hand, is poor, but he's young and he's hot, muscular and sleek in his black leather pants and come-hither look. He doesn't have any money to give you (at least not yet) but he knows where your sweet spot is and he knows just how to touch it to make you...

Sorry, got carried away there. *grin*

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Yeah, so what? And then what happened??

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger username said...

LOL@the lizard queen's post! That was too cute!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Hey, I'm with Joely. What happens next? *wicked grin*

Mmmm...black leather pants...come hither look....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home