Thursday, August 26, 2004

Update:

Dammit.

The girls at the office, bless their souls, tricked me into going to the doctor today. Karla suggested I call my gynecologist to just phone in some antibiotics to the pharmacy. Judy suggested I call my regular physician for the same. Both said that if I didn't get rid of whatever I have, I wouldn't be able to go to the Chiefs game this weekend.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

So, I called my doctor. I said -- whispered or croaked, actually -- that I quite obviously had a bit of a sore throat, a minor temperature, and had lost my voice, then said I was unrelentingly busy and asked if the good doctor could possibly just call me in some antibiotics.

No dice.

"We have to see you. It sounds more serious than you apparently think. We can work you in at 1:00 today. I suggest you come on in."

Dammit. What the hell do I have??

*growls*

Man, if I have bubonic plague or West Nile or something equally disgusting and devastating, I'm gonna be PISSED.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blogging.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

HA! Do those girls at the office know which buttons to push or not? Oh, yeah, you wouldn't want to miss the Chiefs game!! Let me know how it goes. FYI there's a "croup" going around up here in daycare with a really barky cough and sore throat, but no fever that I've heard of. You might have a worse strain. Let me know how the DR. goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home