Monday, August 30, 2004

Special Bulletin:

THE BEST NEWS EVER!!

The editor of Xodtica.com magazine just offered a contract on my short story, "Need", for her September issue! Wah-hoo!!! I'm gonna be published! I'm gonna be published! *does a little dance*

Okay, back to the practical, proper adult I pretend to be....

At any rate, the website is http://www.xodtica.com, and issues will be available soon. It's a new e-zine, but the editor seems to be a pretty straight shooter and has a good head for business on her shoulders, and compared to the really long turnaround on the 3 other short stories I have out right now, she's INCREDIBLY quick on reply time!

In fact, she's incredibly quick by any standards, but I felt the need to mention the others for a little petty "See, I AM good, darn it!" get-back. After all, one's been out for 4 months, the other out for 2 a piece, and she got back to me in well under a week. You do the math!

I'm SOOO excited!

10 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

CONGRATULATIONS, SIS!!!!

I'm dancing with you!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

*hugs long distance*

Sis, you're so wonderful! You never had a doubt, did you? You've been right here beside me this whole time, holding my hand and telling me it'll happen, and you were RIGHT!

*another big, strangly hug*

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Yep. *smug* I told you so. I told you that story was wonderful (as all your work). I knew you'd be published, it was just a matter of finding the right home for each piece.

Woo-hoo! I feel the need to crack open some alcohol and sing some bawdy songs!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

We oughtta bring out that ol' chestnut, "A Few of My Favorite Things".....

Seems kinda fitting to the 'zine, ne? *wicked grin*

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I posted a little gift to you on my blog in honor of your first sale....ENJOY!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MOLLY!!!!

Yep, set up a round of drinks and let's all sing bawdy songs all through night in celebration as we pinch the round, taut tushes of all our HDM's.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger username said...

Congrats! So glad I was able to be helpful!

YAY!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Oh, Sis, that was WONDERFUL!!

*claps with hands already sore from beating the back of the seat in front of her at the Chiefs game*

Woo-hoo! Vin Diesel and Kevin Sorbo.... Hubba-hubba!

*drools profusely*

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Thank you all SO MUCH for your eternal, unfailing support! Your encouragement means more than anything I could ever say, and I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends and family!

Thank you, thank you! THANK YOU!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home