Friday, August 13, 2004

Special Assignment:

My beloved sister and the adored Lizard Queen all but DARED me to define my trilogy characters in haiku. Sheesh. I like haiku poetry. It's beautiful, elegant, and concise. However, it's not my strong suit. But, I gave it a whirl. So, here goes.

Main Characters:

Ha'jita
Prince of the Ino-din

Prince of warriors
His birthright stolen from him
Hope only in her

--

Gabin, Ja'taro
Personal Guard to the Prince

Exiled, forgotten
Sent away in dishonor
Finds himself in her

--

Bryn, Na'saki
Mate of her Prince and his Personal Guard

Destiny stolen
Raised without her heritage
Take back who you are



Supporting Characters:

Kité
Exiled Simaanan

Purged from all he loved
Exiled to a foreign home
Master of himself

--

Tibo
Android

Turned from his purpose
Wished for personality
Who knew what would come?

--

Dig, Dixon Meyers
Bryn's Best Friend

Watched his friend's world fall
Helped her pick up the pieces
Found himself there, too



Bad Guys:

Kosa
Tyrant, son of the Emperor

Born of privilege
Terror of the universe
Ambitious li'l shit

--

Sova
Kosa's Personal Assassin

Still waters run deep
Noble warrior disguised
As Kosa's right hand

--

Na'gesa
Ruler of the Eso-din

Kosa's little stooge
One failure too many now
Go clean up your mess



Well, that's it. There are a few more characters, but these are the MAIN ones. Whatcha think?

4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

HHAAA!! That's great! I love the "Ambitious li'l shit" line. And Sova--still waters run deep indeed.

Great job, Sis. Wasn't that a fun gauntlet?

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Welllll....

It certainly makes you cut them down to their barest elements. You have to think of their base purpose, their driving motivation, what's most important to them. Then, it cements that.

Very...instructive. *grin*

And I was awful fond of the "Ambitious li'l shit" line, too.... Put a big ol' smile on my face when it just popped out like that.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

Those were great, Molly! See wasn't that fun!

I too liked the ambitious li'l shit line. I really got a feel for the charcter there :)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

See? I can't even do haiku serious!

*shakes head in shame*

I do like Kosa. He's such a flambouyant bad guy, ya know? Ambitious li'l shit, indeed.

But I like Sova better. He's a little more...deep? Conflicted? He's FAR more noble. He has this unstated code of ethics that he will hold to over everything else. Sure, he's the prime assassin for a spoiled, shitty little tyrant. Sure, he's killed more people than small pox and the flu combined. He still has a code, and woe to anyone who forces him to choose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home