Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Dear Charlie:

I just received my contract and acceptance letter from Xodtica! Holy cow, this is really happening! I'm really gonna be published, my words shipped to countless people over the ether, my thoughts and ideas put out there for the world to read, should it choose to do so. Plus, I get a 50-word bio along with my story.

I'm not sure if that's way too many words or way too few....

What should I say? What CAN I say? Something snappy but professional, quirky but not silly, mature but still holding a hint of my usual, almost giddy outlook on life.

And mention of my blog, of course, as I don't have a website.

Egad! I better get cracking! This puppy's coming out in September, folks, and last time I looked at my calendar, August was wearing pretty damn thin!


7 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Holy Cow, again!

It's coming out TOMORROW! The issue of Xodtica with my story in it is coming out TOMORROW! I thought, since they're putting out 2 issues this September, that my story would be in the second issue, but it's in this first one! Holy cow!

I'm in the frickin DEBUT ISSUE!!

*puts hand to forehead* I'm not sure I can keep up with this! It's all happened so FAST. Just yesterday, I was still waiting to hear back on 4 submissions. Today, I have a contract. Tomorrow, I'll be published!

I've been gnawing my fingernails for MONTHS, and it all happens in a DAY. What do I do with that?

*despite seeming angst, can't keep dopey grin off face*

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

The quickness is to make up for four long months that you've waited with no word on "Tourist Season!" I can't wait, Sis, this is so exciting!!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Whew! I guess karma does apply, ne?

Man....

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger username said...

YAY! Congrats!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Congrat's hon! Just wanted to put my two cents in!!!! There is nothing like the feeling of having a story published! Nothing at all. My short story the Mechanic is supposed to come out sometime in the five years at Arabella. Who knows when of coure, but I was just as happy to get that phone! So congrat's for all your hard work!
Michelle

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

Congrats again! And keep us apprised as to when and where we can get our copy of it!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Well, it's supposed to be up today, but I think the site just gives you the details of how to order, not a preview or anything. Bummer!

However, I could be totally wrong and it's just not up yet. I dunno. I should be receiving a .pdf version as a contributor copy any time now, and I'll know a little better then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home