Sunday, August 29, 2004

Dear Charlie:

The Chiefs game totally rocked the house.

*huge, ridiculously happy Goku grin*

First tier, up under the second level so we weren't blinded by the sun or sweltered out, lots and LOTS of beer, cheering like a lunatic until I totally lost my voice again, righteous fans, all preceded by tail-gated T-bones and Mike's Hard Lemonade....

Life just doesn't get better. *happy sigh*

I could die perfectly happy at this moment. Of course, as my beloved sister well knows from a phone conversation earlier today, I have even less voice right now than at my worst last week, but hey! I refused to quit screaming for my boys!

Didn't get much resting done. No writing at all. But who cares?? It was THE CHIEFS at ARROWHEAD on the FIRST TIER!! What else is there?

*megawatt grin showing ALL teeth*

Of course, TECHNICALLY, it COULD have been better if they'd held off that last touchdown on that last play, but who the hell thought a third-string quarterback on the Browns could place a pass that frickin' well?

So, killer day, and now I'm kickin' back with more hot tea than they serve in a Japanese steak house on any given weekend, watchin' DBZ and wishing I'd thought to tape Smackdown last night to fully round out the happy karma of the weekend.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

I hope your voice has recovered today!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

I haven't. *grin* As you well know, Sis....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home