Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Well, with the Chiefs looking utterly sweet on both offense and defense even unto the third string and with revising going well and me being back at work -- though I don't really feel better today *sigh* -- everything seems to be in place with the world.

There's a certain comfort in that, ne?

No, not everything is perfect. Far from it. But everything is in place. For today. That's not so bad.

I'm listening to Queen, working on a medical chronology -- or was and will be again shortly -- and drinking some nifty cure for a sore throat and hacking cough that my buddy Dave insists on. Plus, I'm out of the house. I can only be in the house for so long. I mean, there's tons to do at home -- which is why weekends are wonderful, beautiful things -- but when you're sick and only have a limited scope of options, most of which include laying on the couch and sipping hot tea and hacking up your guts, home gets pretty boring pretty damn fast.

I hate being sick.

That's half the reason I dragged my sorry butt out of bed this morning. *grin*

At any rate, something tells me I'll be feeling better soon, and that warm, tingly glow from watching my boys kick the Rams sorry asses ought to go a long way toward a cure.

Go Chiefs!

4 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Ah, yes, the Governor's Cup stayed in KC again! Rabid Chief fans unite!

Hence why I only got the four pages of revisions done last night. Making the subsequent loss all the more painful. :-(

Still, a wonderful game! I hope you feel better as the day goes on!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

Glad to hear your Chiefs won. That was Monday Night Football, wasn't it? Don't work too hard today, Molly. Give those antibodies time to do their work and kill all those nasty viruses or whatever it is that gives us cold.

I'm flashing to images from Fantastic Voyage and those giant white cotton balls that were supposed to be antibodies ingesting Donald Pleasance. *grin*

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Funny....

I had flashes of Osmosis Jones. *shakes head*

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

Ah, that probably would have beem more appropriate, but have yet to see that movie though I think Cartoon Network or the Comedy Channel has shown it a few times. At least I thought I saw it while I was channel surfing. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home