Sunday, August 22, 2004

Dear Charlie:

*happy sigh*

Ah, Smackdown.

I know my beloved sister and the adored Lizard Queen will simply roll their eyes and skim over this post, but I can't help myself. Not only did the absolutely stacked-and-studly Luther Reigns show up for a tag team match tonight, but I just found out Smackdown's coming back to Joplin! Woo-hoo!

Now, I didn't watch Smackdown the last time it was in town, but I still almost went, just from nostalgia from the good ol' days as a kid where I watched wrestling with my brother. I'm talking the ol' Hulk Hogan days where it was still WWF instead of WWE and you were a lot more likely to see blood. *happy grin*

I started watching Smackdown after missing the live version and discovered that I really enjoy the new iteration, though they no longer even pretend to be real. In fact, I enjoy it more because it IS so stylized!

Unfortunately, I didn't figure the live version would be back in town any time soon. *sigh*

Needless to say, I nearly jumped for joy when the local station started pimping this go-round, and I'm not missing THIS opportunity! I'll be there September 27, if at all possible. Even if I have to sit up in the rafters, I'll be there to chant "You suck!" at Kurt Angle, to holler "I lie, I cheat, I steal!" for Eddie Guerrero, and to holla, holla, holla at Theodore Long's Smackdown! Woo-hoo!

And to ogle Luther Reigns in person, of course....

Hope he doesn't mind....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home