Friday, August 20, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Man, did I have a great night last night!

No, I didn't get much writing done. *sigh*

However, Dave -- my very good friend I warned you'd hear A LOT about here -- brought home the latest dubbed DBZ movie release, Bojack Unbound! Woo-hoo! It's INCREDIBLE!!

The animation was sharp and pristine without those occasional slips into kinda iffy-ness. The dialogue was unrelentingly hilarious until it become unrelentingly serious. And when Gohan shouted, "I am my father's SOOOOON!!!" and powered up, leveling everything, I just stood up and hollered!

The fighting was intense -- surprisingly short and to the point, but so damn furious while it went on. Usually DBZ fights are a bit drawn out. Of course, I don't mind this one bit, but the short, vicious ones in this flick were kinda refreshing! Woo-hoo!

And Vegeta's entrance was, as always, worthy of the highest kudos in the known universe. It provoked two hearty shouts of "THAT'S my sonuvabitch!!"

Even Mr. Satan, that unfogivable clown-shoe, had some hilarious one-liners that made me not loathe him quite so much. His, "Mr. Satan, you are a crafty devil" goes right up there with "Kiss my Blarney Stone" as the only things that save him from utter disdain. *grin*

So, didn't get much revising done, but I was CERTAINLY entertained!

6 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

I've noticed that my beloved sister and the adored Lizard Queen never comment on my unusual digressions away from writing -- ie., my Smackdown and Dragonball Z meanderings and my occasional ponderings on the intricacies of fighting -- so I thought I'd comment myself. *grin*

Man, some of those fights were damn beautiful!

The one with Future Trunks and the guy with the sword in the field of flowers was...was...SUPERB! Such attention paid to the slightest detail! Such loving care drawn into every line, painted into every color as they ran into the water, facing each other and glaring such rage!

Oh, and when Vegeta showed up....

"Don't make me tell you twice!"

Only Vegeta could get away with it. And only because Trunks is his son, whether he admits it aloud or not. Hell, the only reason Vegeta showed up was because Trunks got jacked from behind after killing his opponent.

Vegeta lost the future version of his son once. He will NEVER allow it to happen again.

And that's why I LOVE this show! *happy Goku grin*

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Oh! And I forgot the clincher!

Goku's dead, but watches the fight from Otherworld. When Gohan starts getting beaten and is almost dead, he defies all order to the universe and ITs for one SWEET blow that knocks the ever-lovin shit out of Bojack, who drops Gohan. While Goku's not really there, he can have an effect, and he coaxes Gohan out of unconsciousness and tells him to keep fighting, then fades back into Otherworld to face a very unhappy King Kai.

Goku: That's my boy.
King Kai: Only because you broke the rules to do it.
Goku: [flustered] I did? Um, how many did I break?
King Kai: Don't ask me! The monkey's keeping score.

*snicker*

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Okay, I'll post a comment on this...stuff. Was Goku wearing a halo?

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

Forgive me, Gutter Ball, for my lapse. I do enjoy reading your entries, just never sure quite what to say as I've only glimpsed snatches of DBZ when my son used to watch it (afraid he doesn't anymore) and I haven't watched wrestling in years. Used to watch it faithfully, but not anymore.

I'm just happy you have stuff you love so much and is a welcome break from Real Life. We all need such diversions, that's for sure. *grin*

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Why yes! Indeed he was!

*wicked grin*

He also wore that big, dopey grin I love so much. But, even better, he wore that vicious, focused, Saiyan-getting-ready-to-kill-someone look I love even more!

Woo-hoo!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger GutterBall said...

It's all good, girls. I just love to rib you a little....

After all, I realize I have bizarro interests for a girl. What can I say? I spent most of my childhood in the company of my older brother. I like guy stuff -- football, wrestling, fight stuff.... You get the idea.

Plus, most of my CLOSE friends are guys -- except the adored Lizard Queen, whom I've never met, and my best friend Kristi from my home town -- so I get even more positive reinforcement of my masculine interests with that.

I mean, there's nothing better than sitting around a cluttered living room with a bunch of hootin, belchin guys, eating meat, drinking beer, and watching a bunch of other guys beat the shit out of each other while trying to score 6. Is there a more perfect pleasure in life?

*Goku grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home