Monday, August 23, 2004

Dear Charlie:

Despite a headache, a mild temperature that sucks my will to live, and the continual deep-chest hacking cough, I'm making good progress on my revisions.

All this correcting of my paragraphing has added pages to my already-too-long tale, but I'm ruthlessly hacking out stuff that I'm not sure why it was there in the first place. Over-thinking, over-description, over everything. I've taken metaphysical pruning shears to my story, trying to cut it down to the essentials without giving up style.

*shrug* I think it's going well. I don't think I've cut anything I just can't live without, and I've saved any big sections to another document, just in case.

At any rate, I guess this is one good thing about being sick.

Small comfort, that.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger The Lizard Queen said...

Kudos to you, Gutterball, for working when you're sick. When I'm sick I just want to lie around and groan and be a general drain on everyone around me. *grin*

Hope you feel better after you've gotten some rest. And hope you're able to get some rest tonight. That's one of the worst things about hacking coughs. The darn things won't let you sleep!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger GutterBall said...

Amen to that! Stupid hacking cough.

I can't laugh. I can't cheer for my Chiefs, who just defeated the Rams in a cake walk. I can't even sit here and breathe without that stupid dry tickle that leads to that deep hack. Dammit.

Oh, well. Even if I don't feel better tomorrow, I gotta go to work. Like I said, only so many vacation days left to allocate, and I have at least two that I need -- one for a Chiefs game and one for the day after Thanksgiving. Those are just "gimme"s. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home